Few things can derail a typical day like breaking a tooth. If you don’t know what to do next, a dental emergency can become a huge stress!
Here at Smart Dental Care, however, we will see anyone experiencing a dental emergency—patient or not! During our normal business hours, we will always do everything we can to see emergency patients immediately. We want to help you reduce your pain as quickly as possible.
What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
First, trust your gut. If you think you’re in the middle of a dental emergency, you probably are! Reach out to us as soon as possible so you can get on track to recovery.
Listed below are a few more concrete examples of the most common dental emergencies.
- Broken teeth.
- Loose teeth.
- Teeth that have been knocked out.
- Steady bleeding.
- Severe pain in the gums or teeth.
- Pain that makes it difficult to eat, drink, or speak.
If you’re experiencing any of the above, it’s time to visit us at Smart Dental Care!
What Should I Do During a Dental Emergency?
First, stay calm. Many dental emergencies look or feel worse than they actually are. Dental emergencies can often be fully repaired, so don’t give up on your broken tooth just yet!
Next, reach out to us. We can give you personalized advice for your situation and schedule you for a visit as soon as possible.
While you’re on your way for treatment, you can manage some of your symptoms with the following advice:
- A cold compress or cool, wet cloth can help reduce pain and swelling.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, try to hold it in its socket or in your cheek as you wait for treatment. If this is too painful, it’s better to store the lost tooth in milk than water.
Let Us Take Care of the Dental Emergencies for Your Family!
If you or a loved one is in the middle of a dental emergency, don’t wait. Call Smart Dental Care in Holladay, Utah, for quick pain relief!